Understanding why computer slows down
Following are few main reasons (according to experts) due to which a PC may slow down at the end of the day:
- Less or no Page File available. Page File is the memory on disk which is used when the RAM is unable to handle processes.
- The files may be fragmented. Your computer starts a new file at the end of address assigned to old file. So practically your old file never ends. This is called Fragmentation.
- Computer disk drive may be failing. Your disk drive is wearing continuously.
Looking at slow Network performance reasons
- Too many users on server.
- Duplex and speed mismatch. It is like two cars trying to pass one another on a one way street while moving in opposite directions.
- Poor network design.
- Inhouse loosely developed applications.
Improving CITRIX performance
- Scale out by Adding Servers
- Scale out by Adding Memory.
- Scale up by moving to Windows X64.
- Monitor Page File.
- Monitor Disk Drive performance.
- Plan Network.
Hope this will help you...